What Our School Offers
- The Center for the Creative Arts
- Advisory Program
- Freshman Seminar
- Library Media Center
- Student Computers and Nine Subscription Data Bases
- JROTC (Air Force)
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
- 13 Advanced Placement Courses
- Foreign Languages include French, German, Russian & Spanish
- Indoor and Outdoor Green Houses
- In addition to core curriculum, additional courses such as Shakespeare Studies, and Astronomy, are offered
- Culinary Arts & Raiders Bakery
- Performing Arts (Dance, Drama, Piano, Band, Chorus & Orchestra, Guitar, & Bluegrass)
- Student Enrollment in the Vanderbilt Math and Science School
- Fine Arts
- CTE (Career & Technical Education) courses range from Auto Collision & Repair to Web Design
- Peer Tutoring
- Inclusion Classes
- Alignment Nashville
- Credit Recovery
- A+ Lab
- After School Tutoring
- Forensic Team
- Quiz Bowl
- Student Clubs
- National Honor Society
- McGavock Student Council
- Youth Leadership - Donelson-Hermitage
- Sports include Varsity & Freshman Football, Varsity & Freshman Volleyball, Bowling, Varsity & Freshman Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field, Cross Country, tennis, Softball, baseball, Golf, Wrestling Varsity & Freshman Cheerleading
- Dance Team
- Bands include award winning Raider Marching Band, Color Guard, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, 9th Grade Concert Band & Jazz Band
Choruses include Mixed Chorus, Ladies Show Choir and Capital Sounds
Orchestras include String Quartet & String Ensemble
- DECA Skills USA
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Family Career and Community Leaders of America
- McGavock Messenger (Newspaper)
What Makes Our School Unique?
Always with the highest expectations since opening its doors in 1971, McGavock High School has been noted for its academic excellence, extensive and award winning extracurricular activities and passionate community support.
Did you know:
- The McGavock Marching Band has been the Tennessee State Marching Champions 26 times and has been recognized as one of the ten finest bands in the United States
- McGavock Future Business Leaders of America members have qualified for National competitions for seven of the last eight.
- McGavock High is the only school in the district that has produced industry certified CTE concentrators with 6 certified Internet Webmasters.
- A Russian II student received the honor of becoming a Russian Laureate, sponsored by ACTR, one of very few nationwide.
- McGavock's Student Council is the only one in the state that has received the Platinum Award and is also a 4 Star Council.
- In 2009, one of our students made a perfect score on the ACT.
- McGavock has four Nationally Certified Model Academies
- Only school in the country with perfect 10s, based on Standards of Practice.
- We offer the only aviation academy in the state.
School Zone and Pathway
To determine whether you are zoned to this school, visit our School Zone Finder.
PENCIL & Community Partners
- Aegis Science Corporation
- Cedarstone Bank
- CentreSource Interactive Agency
- CVS Pharmacy, Lebanon Road
- District Attorney General
- Horne CPA
- Just Cruisin' Plus
- Nashville Airport Marriott
- Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Nashville Shores
- Publix (Hermitage Store)
- Stones River National Battlefield
- TSU, College of Business; Agricultural Sciences
- Volunteer State Community College
- Athletic Boosters
- Band Boosters
- Academy Partners:
- U.S. Community Credit Union
- MTSU Aviation & Flight Department
- Tennessee Technology Center
- Permanent General Companies
- Nashville International Airport Security
- McGavock Cluster Coalition
- Nashville Conflict Resolution Center
- Summit Medical Center
- Tennessee Justice Center
- Triumph Aerostructures
- United Neighborhood Health Services