| HILLSBORO CLUSTER CHANGES|
Glendale will not be a zone elementary, but will become a full Spanish Immersion choice/magnet school. A geographic priority zone (GPZ), with transportation provided for those who live far enough from school to qualify, has been set for students living in areas 3-D, 3-E, 3-F, 3-G, 3-H, 3-I, 8-A, and 8-B. To accommodate the change in Glendale from a zone to a choice school, students living in areas 3-G and 3-H are rezoned to Julia Green; students living in area 3-I are rezoned to Percy Priest.
- Germantown and downtown areas currently zoned to the Hillsboro cluster are moved to the Pearl Cohn cluster.
- A portion of students (Area 3-C) currently zoned to Sylvan Park Elementary in the Hillsboro cluster will move to Gower Elementary in the Hillwood Cluster.
- Carter-Lawrence will have a small zone added to the magnet program. Area 3-E will move from Percy Priest Elementary to Carter-Lawrence Elementary. Area 8-B will move from Crieve Hall Elementary in the Overton Cluster to the Carter-Lawrence. Carter-Lawrence students are zoned to J.T Moore for middle school but will have the choice to attend Rose Park Magnet, which has a direct path to Martin Luther King Magnet for students who meet academic qualifications.
- Students in area 3-D are rezoned from Julia Green to Eakin Elementary.
- Area 8-A, presently zoned to Norman Binkley Elementary in the Overton Cluster, is rezoned to Julia Green Elem.
Still have questions on your child's school options? Contact customer service at 259 - INFO.
Download a printable Hilllsboro Cluster Sheet.