Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools will provide every student with the foundation of knowledge, skills and character necessary to excel in higher education, work and life.
We embrace and value a diverse student population and community. Different perspectives and backgrounds form the cornerstone of our strong public education system.
TO SUCCEED WE MUST
- Provide an excellent teacher in every class, for every student, every year;
- Ensure that school leadership is focused on high student achievement and cultivates an environment that produces excellence for a diverse student body;
- Build and sustain effective and efficient systems to support finances, operations and the academic and personal growth of students;
- Engage all families, recognizing the power and responsibility of parents and caregivers to drive success for students; and
- Strengthen connections with the entire community to support all areas of student growth.
- All students bring unique cultural backgrounds, learning styles, abilities, interests, and social and health needs.
- Each student can achieve at high levels, exceeding national standards.
- Quality school staff is essential to academic excellence.
- Consistent and sustained leadership ensures results are achieved and proven strategies can take hold.
- Professional development must be sustained, clear and consistently focused on quality instruction.
- Families and community organizations must be partners in meeting our goals.
- Each person in the school system is responsible for working toward this vision.
- Effective, two-way communication with parents and other stakeholders is essential.
- Transparency and accountability must be valued and practiced.
METROPOLITAN NASHVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL BE THE FIRST CHOICE FOR FAMILIES
Download the Mission and Vision Poster
Haga clic aqui para la visión de MNPS.