How do I apply?
Teachers interested in applying to the TLI can self-nominate or be nominated by someone else. The application will be available on the MNPS website beginning January 13, 2012 and the application window will remain open until January 30, 2012.
Successful applicants to the TLI will demonstrate an understanding of four competencies: leadership, collaboration and team building, effective instruction, and reflection and constant learning. Applicants to the TLI should be certificated teachers who will be in their third year of teaching in MNPS in the 2011-2012 school year. Once nominated, potential candidates should:
- Complete an on-line application
- Provide a writing sample
- Provide two letters of recommendations, one from your principal or principal’s designee and one from another individual of your choice
- Provide the statement of support from your principal
- Present evidence demonstrating impact on student growth and achievement—which could be TVAAS scores, achievement test scores or other measures of student growth and achievement.
- Engage in a group and individual interview.
Selected candidates will be announced and celebrated in early March 2012. For additional information, please contact Dr. Earl Wiman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The Teacher Leadership Institute is supported by Metro Nashville Public Schools' Race to the Top funds, distributed by the U.S. Department of Education through the Tennessee Department of Education."